Apple cider vinegar has so many uses, it is truly a jack of all trades. I love multipurpose products, especially when they have tons of health benefits.
1. Mix one part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water for a natural cleaner and disinfectant. Use on appliances, surfaces, mirrors and glass.
2. Mix one part apple cider vinegar to 10 parts water (I usually use my kitchen sink), add fruits and veggies. Swirl around, drain and store as you normally would. This is an amazing way not only to clean your fruit and veggies, but my berries now last at least twice as long. Don't worry about tasting the vinegar, you can't.
3. With all of the rain we've been having, I am inundated with weeds. I don't like to use anything toxic because of my kids and pets so I started using 1/2 gallon ACV to 1/4 cup table salt and a squirt of Dawn dish soap to spray my mulch beds.
4. Put some apple cider vinegar on a cottonball and use on your face as an astringent. It restores the skin's natural PH and helps improves your complexion
5. Gargle with ACV to kill bacteria and remove tooth stains.
6. Sunburned? Put some apple cider vinegar on a washcloth and onto the effected area for instant pain relief.
7. Remove buildup and restore shine to your hair by rinsing your hair with one part ACV to one part water.
8. Add some ACV and Epsom salt to your bath for a detoxifying soak.
9. Add 1-2 teaspoons to your smoothie. It is said to aid digestion and prevent heartburn.
10. Due to all of the health benefits, cooking with apple cider vinegar is fantastic. Use in place of balsamic vinegar on your salad. Marinade your steak and veggies. Add a teaspoon to your rice water during cooking to make the rice fluffier.
Some people drink it straight, but I'm not quite there yet. I'll be sticking to the smoothies and marinades for now!