Spring is finally here. The windows are opened, the kids are playing outside and I am procrastinating starting to think about spring cleaning. Before I start cleaning the nightmare clutter pile that is my house, I am going to tackle my blog. Check out these tips for spring cleaning: blog edition.
1. Revamp your About Me page.
2. Make sure your contact info is up to date.
3. Check old posts for formatting errors.
4.Check for broken and outdated links.
5.Think about your color scheme. Does it still represent you and your brand?
6. Get rid of old plugins and update current ones.
8.Make sure you are backing your blog up properly, and often. I use BackUpWordPress, but there are lots of other great plugins out there.
9. Take inventory of your ads and ad networks. Time to remove those winter and holiday ads! Check the performance of your ads and reassess the ones that aren't performing very well.
10. Make sure your blog isn't loading like a snail - PageSpeed Insights analyzes the content of a web page, then generates suggestions to make that page faster.